Terms and Conditions for Our Auctions
Please be sure to read the Terms and Conditions of Sale, Guide to Prospective Bidders, and related information presented on the following pages. The Auction Rules are designed to encourage and reward bidding. You will be at a disadvantage if you do not read them.
1. This auction is offered by Adventure House.
2. Any person participating in or who registers for the auction agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and Conditions of Auction.
3. Bidding will be offered to any item that is scheduled to begin up until the end time for that particular lot.
4. The final day of bidding for lots will vary by lot, they will close at the time scheduled.
We recommend bidders leave maximum bids and Adventure House’s auction software will bid for you to avoid disappointment. If you are a bidder on any lot and are outbid, you will receive an email warning you of this outbid. But this is not a guaranteed alert or one that should be interpreted as signaling a set amount of time remaining in the auction. Our system will also send you an alert one day in advance of the close of auction to anyone who has either bid, or been outbid for any particular lot.
5. All bidders must be registered through the website.
6. All new bidders must be registered prior to placing a bid.
7. Bids update in real time on our website, and in order to top the bid, you must conform to the next bidding increment, or place a MAX BID. Placing a bid constitutes acceptance of the terms of sale as outlined herein.
8. Internet system-generated bid confirmation and outbid notices are always sent, but Adventure House cannot guarantee that they will be received. An automated email notice may not be received for a number of reasons, including, but not limited to, the computer settings of recipients, which sometimes interpret system email as spam. We recommend that bidders do not rely exclusively on email outbid notices and actively check the status of your bids online. To check your bids, login at the “Login” link at the top of the page. From there, you’ll be able to update your registration, or see orders previously placed, and of course all bids you’ve made.
9. Each item in the auction is accompanied by an opening bid. Select items may have a confidential reserve placed on them by a consignor. These items will be clearly designated as such on the individual lot pages. Until such time that the confidential reserve is met, the item page will display “Reserve Not Met” directly underneath the current bid. Bidders may continue to bid on the item using all available bid increments. Once the confidential reserve is met, the status of the item will change to “Reserve Met” on the item page.
10. In accordance with the applicable government regulations, consignors may not bid on their own materials or have others secretly do this for them on their behalf.
11. Maryland residents must pay 6% state sales tax or have valid resale certificate.
12. There will be a 13% Buyers Premium added to the final gavel price. The price reflected on your bid does not include this premium, this premium will be sent to you on the invoice once the auction is complete. You will qualify for a 3% rebate on the Buyers Premium if you pay by check.
13. No retractions of bids are permitted. Once a bid has been placed, it may not be retracted unless it becomes apparent that it was done by mistake. Corrections may be made, but no retractions.
14. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No returns are accepted.
15. Adventure House reserves the right to postpone or delay the auction, for a reasonable period of time, due to any significant, relevant event, which in the sole discretion of the auctioneer, makes it inadvisable to hold the auction as scheduled, without recourse from any bidder or prospective bidder.
16. Payment is due within 14 days of your invoice sent. Each winning bid will be accompanied with an email announcing the win, and you’ll also have a winning notice on your DASHBOARD. If you do plan on waiting for additional lots to close, please contact Adventure House to let us know your intentions to do so.
17. Any person participating in or who registers for the auction agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms and Conditions of Auction. If an entity places a bid, then the person executing the bid on behalf of the entity agrees to jointly and personally guarantee payment for any successful bid.
18. Adventure House disclaims all liability for damages, consequential or otherwise, arising of or in connection with the sale of any property by Auctioneer to Bidder. No third party may rely on any benefit of these Terms and Conditions, and any rights established under the Terms and Conditions are personal to the Bidder and may not be assigned. Any statement made by the Auctioneer is a statement of opinion and does not constitute a warranty or representation.
19. Placing a bid constitutes express acceptance of all terms and provisions contained in these Conditions of Sale.